Saturday, May 19, 2012

My Mailing Addresses

Hello all! I am in my final few days left in New Mexico. Here is what I have coming up:

Today: some last minute shopping as well as packing and cleaning all day

Tomorrow: Sunday May 20, 2012: Farewell Open House from 6:00-8:00pm. Everyone who wants to come is absolutely invited. We will provide finger-foods. This is just a chance for me to say goodbye to people. The address for that is:
106 Utah Meadow Rd NE, Rio Rancho, NM 87124.

Monday, May 21, 2012: I will be set apart as a missionary at 8:30 pm by my stake President.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012: I will fly out to Utah at about noon. My brother will pick me up and I'll get to hang out with him for that day.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012: I will enter the Provo, UT MTC (Missionary Training Center) at 1:25pm! I'll stay there for about 2 months learning the Spanish language and then I'll be off to my mission (the California San Fernando Mission) for the remaining 16 months or so (18 months total) as a missionary.

These past few weeks have been a lot of "lasts" for me. A few examples among many are:

  • My last days of school and my last finals (this one is a little bitter but mostly sweet)
  • My last dance class (I'm definitely going to miss it!)
  • My last yoga class (maybe the MTC will have yoga classes at their gym?? I have no clue)
  • My last day of work (it is really weird to quit a job I love!)
  • My last time going to the Albuquerque NM temple with my mom and dad
  • My last time eating out at places like Twisters and Carl's Jr (for the Western Bacon Burger, of course) with my family
  • My last Sunday tomorrow with my lovely primary class
  • My last time singing with amazing Institute choir (though I plan to sing with the MTC choir, of course)
All these "last" things have been hard. It is difficult to let go to things, places, and people I love. New Mexico has been wonderful to me and I will definitely miss it. However, I realized that though these past weeks have been weeks of "lasts," the coming weeks will be be times of "firsts" and I am sure it will be wonderful. I'll have to keep a journal of some of these firsts. 

ANYWAY... the most important part of this blog post is so that I can get my mailing addresses to everyone! So, without further adieu, here they are:

My MTC address (from May 23, 2012 through July 25, 2012):
Sister Whitney Whetten
MTC Mailbox # 228
CA-SFER 0725
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

My Mission address (from July 26, 2012 through November 2013):
Sister Whitney Whetten
California San Fernando Mission
23504 Lyons Ave Ste 107
Santa Clarita, CA 91321
United States

Though I will have a missionary e-mail address, snail mail will be the best way to reach me probably. Anyway, I'd love to get letters from everyone to hear how everyone is!

2 comments:

  1. And the last time to kick my trash in Words With Friends! ha ha

    Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!!! Yeah, I guess that is true XD When I come back you'll probably be a grandmaster! Anyway, you should totally write to me while I'm gone!!

    ReplyDelete