Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday, July 8, 2013


Hey! This week was good. We're doing a lot of work for the ward trying to find people on their ward list. For the most part it is outdated and they don't live there anymore. But we actually found one this week because they still live with their parents and the parent's house number was still the same. It was super exciting. They were really great people! They were brothers and they were great to get to know. It was exciting because it helped us keep on working through the ward list. We're also finding through referrals missionaries and a few members have given to us. We are inviting all the YSA members from the stake all over to come to the branch. I think I said last week but Daisy came which was amazing and she has transferred her records into the branch. Then yesterday 2 other YSA girls came too. One was the daughter of Hermanita (a lady famous for cooking for the missionaries because she does authentic Mexican food which is yummy) from Reseda. We had invited her when we came over to eat with them this week. Another was another person I knew from Reseda and she just showed up at church on Sunday and was okay asking for her records to be transferred. We were super excited to see her. She also invited us to eat with her for tonight. Actually, we're having a lot of luck with eating with people. Alba my recent convert from Reseda had us over to eat on Saturday and we got a referral from them too! I guess one thing that we're lucky with is that I've been here for quite a while so I know many people from the wards I've been in who we can visit and invite and also old investigators I've had and things like that. I guess that is part of the reason why I am in this area and not one of the much younger missionaries like for instance one of the many people who are training after their second transfer on the mission.
I honestly don't know what else to write about. We're still trying to figure out what is the best way to work with the branch and having a balance of inviting people to come and at the same time still trying to find and teach people with what we can. What we've found is that one of the hardest parts is that it takes so long to drive between everything. We cover the entire San Fernando Valley and so often it easily can take half of an hour to drive in between appointments.
I've also been learning a bit more about faith and how that can produce miracles. That is what we really need right now and so through studying and through working hard I hope to be able to get to the point where I can expect miracles to happen. It is hard right now because I want so badly to find people and for things to progress but it just isn't happening very fast. And with being around new missionaries, they expect the world to bow at them and like 5 baptisms every month but we're just not at that point where that is possible in this area at this time. But is that a problem of my faith? That vision puts stress on me because I feel like when I really don't think it can happen then I am not being a very successful missionary. So I don't know if it is a thing with faith or not. But I can always strengthen my faith definitely. But what kinds of experiences have you had that has helped you build and strengthen your faith that miracles can and will happen when we're worthy?
Anyways, have a great week y tenga el espiritu consigo siempre!
Hermana Whetten

No comments:

Post a Comment